This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 17 June 2013

Me and Joe - CSI Case File no.76

Hi Everyone

I am really enjoying the extra day to my weekend and so loving just having a bit more time to play and create.

I did some shopping with my sister and the kids this morning, and really feel like I have manged to tick off a few of my 'to do" things!

I have finished my page for the new CSI challenge and can  really say that I love this page! It has turned out exactly the way I wanted it to and I am thrilled with it. Here was the challenge.



I loved the sketch and really had some ideas for it.

So here is the result.


I used my circles template as a stencil and gessoed the semi circles on and then outlined it.



I used a combination of the Good Life collection from Fancy Pants Designs and the Swagger Collection.
The stamp used on the background is a Chiswick stamp and I just repeated the patterned words.


I made a fun title and love that it makes one's eye travel.

Evidence: Circles
Testimony: Using the word "day" in my journalling
My journalling is at the back of the photo and says this:
One of the most rewarding things in my life, is being your Mommy. Watching you grow, develop and learn is such a joy and such a pleasure! Daddy took these pictures of us on Mother's Day - May 2013 and it was a special little photo shoot for "Me and Joe"!


Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you are enjoying your Monday!
Denise x

10 comments:

  1. You did really well with what I considered a difficult sketch....great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome LO Denise. And love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice layout! The sketch looks a bit challenging indeed, but a fun one, and you did a great job. I think I'll have to give CSI a try, too! I often like the colours but it has seemed complicated to me to have so many things to consider in one challenge. Maybe it wouldn't be after all.

    Meanwhile, I also hope to take part in Scrap Africa again, and want to thank you for your comments on my my layout for the previous challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really adapted the challenge to your photo size and made it your own. Fabulous work with the stamping and the ?Washi strips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool design. The circles look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh what gorgeous photos of you and your little man.... adore your LO, and how you added in the two photographs for the challenge. Its always fun when you can tick things off a 'to do list' and smile knowing you are making progress. Hope you have been keeping well...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this! Your repetition is super effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty layout Denise! Love both of the photos! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool LO. Denise! such an interesting sketching on this project! it certainly helps to tell the story and makes it very original and interesting! and pretty photos of you two! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting desing Denise! Lovely page!! Enjoy your weekend ;-D

    ReplyDelete