This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 2 June 2013

Tree Fella's - CSI Case File no.73

Hi Everyone

The weeks are flying by, and the weekends even faster! I can't believe that it was Friday night a few hours ago and already it is Sunday afternoon! I wish the weekends would last forever!! ;-))

I played along with a CSI challenge and the colours were a little challenging for me, but I managed to create a page.


So here is my page.


There's a little play on words in the title, with Tree Fella's, as they are also fellers.

Evidence: Circles
Testimony: My jounralling is a series of directions
Then men in our family (Dad, Johann, Rudi and Mark) were asked to help out with some tree felling in December 2012, while they were all on leave. It turned out into 4 different days and 4 different locations! So they became the Tree Fella's (fellers)! My Dad was the organiser and the adviser and shouted directions.
The journalling spots say this:
- Hold onto this rope and make sure the branch is secure. Be careful now!
- Hold on tight now, is that saw secure? Okay boys, let's get this job done quickly.
- Hey guys, please be careful. Make sure that branch doesn't fall the wrong way! Watch out!!



I used the Fancy Pants Designs Swagger collection, with lots of spritzing and colouring. The chipboards are Enmarc and Design Worx, and the alpha stickers are Crate Paper.


I really wanted to add lots of texture, to add to this masculine page and love that way that it turned out.


Thanks so much for popping by!
I do so love your visits!
Have a super evening!
Denise

11 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the color combo is a challenging one, with the contrasting blue and orange. But you solved the case brilliantly. These photos, with the orange hard hats, were a perfect choice for this color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....I love all the texture and you nailed the colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Denise!! fantastic LO and so original!! love how you designed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great masculine page with the action shots. I can imagine all the instructions being issued! Especially like the brick treatment with the middles cut out and used elsewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is totally awesome, I love your masculine pages... they are so cool. I love the design Denise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning page Denise! Such amazing texture. I love the bricks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truly lovely masculine layout Denise. Love the mixture of bricks and corrugated card... The journaling cirlces are perfect and I love the photos. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cool masculine LO! love how you used corrugated cardboard here - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great masculine page & how clever to find those photos with just the right colours!! Great job with the corrugated board - love that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed this one some how!!! Love the masculine feel of it with the corrugated board...and aren't those bricks just to realistic looking!!! Great Page Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh I love your gritty, manly background! ;)

    ReplyDelete