This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 9 July 2013

At a Stretch - Scrap Friends July Sketch Challenge

Hello Everyone

I have a page to share with you for the Scrap Friends July sketch challenge.


I really loved this sketch and so wanted to keep my page quite close to this design.

So here is my page.


I took these photo's of this ellie at the zoo last week, when we took the kids on an outing. He was really so close to us, we could almost touch him.

Here is a close-up of my journalling.


I used Fancy Pants Swagger Collection as these papers were the great earthy colours that I was looking for.


The alpha stickers are Beary Patch, the arrow chipboards are Wilpro, the brackets are Celebr8, and the washi tape 7 Gypsies.

Thanks for stopping by!
I really appreciate your visits.
Have a super evening!
Denise x

17 comments:

  1. I really like your earth coloured layout with the funny ellie story! I lik the sketch a lot, too! Will have to check this challenge I wasn't familiar with before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Denise! I hope you're doing well :D Hugs, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours really are PERFECT & those dots? LOOOOVE them:):) SOOO glad to have you share with us at Scrap Friends:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the "elephant" colours you chose to match this magnificent beast. Wonderful texture and journalling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing photos! I also love the colors you chose to use, and the torn strips of paper. Awesome work :)

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on the sketch. I love your stencilling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous sketch and I love the way you've used it - and how amazing to be that close to an elephant - very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool sketch!!! Love your take on it..the masking is fabulous and I always love earth tones :) Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Denise. Great photos too... the earthy tones of the paper are just perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun take on the sketch! Great to do some earthy tones now & again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great take on the sketch and I like how you told the story of the photos through the details on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous take on the sketch!! thanks for playing along with us at SF :)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chiming in with every single word that has been said! Must have been pretty amazing to be so close to this impressive guy! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool! Love the photos and the story. Great take on the sketch too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous! I soooo want to visit your country and see the beautiful animals... love your LO Denise.

    ReplyDelete