This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 16 July 2014

6 - Once Upon a Sketch July Challenge

Hello Everyone

I am on a week's leave and enjoying lots of time with my son, as well as scrapping up a storm!  It is so nice not to have to rush anywhere or be in a hurry for anything!!! ;-)

So I completed a page for the July Once Upon a Sketch Challenge, which is this.

Journalling Theme: "Numbers.." 

 Pick a number and center your journalling around it. (i.e. FIVE men in my life, TEN quirky traits, THREE long term goals, or 2014--the date I will do ___)

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 


It is less than 2 weeks to my sons 7th birthday and this page is about his 6th birthday!!!! Terrible really!!!


I really did dive into my scrappy stash for these papers etc.  They are Basic Grey, Life of the Party! LOL..
But I am still happy and pleased with it.  The only thing that is new, is the gorgeous round Blue Fern chipboard which I got through Colourful Memories last week.


I used some stashy rub-ons and also recoloured some of the BG chippies from this collection.


I mixed some white and green embossing powders for the circle chipboard and then added some brown paint.


I decided to also cut out this sweet photo of Joe blowing out his candles, as the background was far too busy and distracting. I am pleased that I did and was happy with the result.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a super, scrappy Wednesday!
Denise x

9 comments:

  1. It looks really, really great - & just goes to show you don't need the 'latest & greatest' goodies to make a superb page. Cos that's what this is---& the numbers work beautifully....my fave bit is your 'spotty' background.....soooo pleased to see you with this one for us at OUAS.....& I'm sure you've already done or about to do the FB thingy!!!! Thanks for joining in, as always:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page my dear
    I love the colors you put together
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great boy's page Denise. Love the MM background and the silhouette photo, which draws attention to Jo. It's a good feeling to use up old papers too and you made them look fresh and on trend. Great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is another stunning creation. Just love all the circles, my favourite shape.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEautiful page...love all the circle elements...that is one of my favourite chipboard pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous circle! Really makes that photo stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours of this one too. Fab for a big boy.. Love all the circles too. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice background & cut out photo!! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really fab take on our challenge! Love that you used your number several times! Great background work also! Thanks for playing with us at OUAS! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete