This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 2 January 2015

Hand Bag Gift Bag - BoBunny

Hello Everyone

I hope the New Year is treating you well and that it is slowly easing you into it! LOL

I created a gift bag handbag for my niece for Christmas.I had got the idea from a PaperCrafts magazine.


Since it was for a Christmas gift, I used Christmas Collage, but you could actually use any papers, to suite the occasion.

Here are the template pieces and it can be sized to however big or small you want it. Make 2 of each template.



To join the 2 sides of your bag, just cut a length of your chosen cardstock colour....you can decide on the thickness and obviously, however you sized the template, will determine the length.  Score 1/2 cm on each side of this length of cardstock and fold up the edges.  Check the placement of this cardstock length between the 2 sides of the bag...on the bottom corners, cut slits into the cardstock, which will allow you to fold it around the bend of the bag.


My niece loved this bag.  I will definitely make another for a lady friend, as a gift holder, as it's really cute.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have yourself a super evening!
Denise x

7 comments:

  1. so wonderful bag Denise! love this idea to use it to make any present special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Denise! How Cool!! Impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks an easy & fun project & I can see teenage girls adoring this, too.....TFS.....love the Chrissy bits & especially the lace handle:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder she loved it - such a pretty and unusual gift. Love the dimension created with the side panel and that gorgeous lacy die on the front. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool idea. I bet she was over the moon with it. Something every little girl would want to have. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely project...I haven't had any time to spend in my craft room...and I don't want to miss out on the living in the moment of the summer.

    ReplyDelete