This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Thursday 18 June 2015

Hello Gorgeous - Prima BAP June 2015/ Take It Make It Challenge June

Hello Everyone

I hope that you had a super Thursday! It's another very cold day in Johannesburg and I can already feel that now that the sun is starting to disappear that the cold is creeping in! UGH!!!!

Being a summery, African girl, I hate the cold and Johannesburg being so high up, really does have extreme temps.  So the mornings we freeze and by the afternoon it's quite warm and then by the evenings we are wrapping up again! LOL....the winter blues! ;-)

Okay enough moaning about the cold....I have something VERY hot to share with you today! I made a canvas for the Prima BAP as well as the Take it Make it June Challenge, which is all about texture.

To explain the HOT...this man has caught my eye for a while now and when he opens his mouth to speak, I am weak at the knees! LOL...He is really one, hot dude and so decided to do a canvas, about this hunk! Gerard Butler.

Here was the Prima sketch.

June 2015 BAP keren

Here's my canvas.


I had used up my chipboard pieces from the Engraver collection and was left with a chipboard shell, which I decided to use as my background and create the texture.

Prima_Engraver_Chip

This is what it looked like before.  I cut off some bits around the edges and then stuck this down onto the canvas.  I then added lots of gesso and colour, along with my new Prima stamps, which I absolutely love.
I mixed Gathered Twigs Ranger Distress Paint into my gesso and lathered it in and around the chipboard.  Then I went and coloured the edges with some Esperesso pigment ink and also stamped on it too, with various Prima stamps.


 I used up lots of Prima bits and pieces and just added layers with them.
I kept the canvas very masculine and so kept the flowers to a minimum, and the styling also simpler, along with metal cogs and accents.




Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my eye candy!!!! LOL
Hope you have a super day!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. Wow stunning design, Denise. Just love the earthy tones with the black and white photo and all the awesome texture and dimension.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww Denise !!!. Que diseño tan fabuloso!, los colores, la composición...y como bien dices; ese hombre a mí me vuelve loca también y me tiemblan las piernas!! ;)))...Que guapo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful and I love your eye candy, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A richly textured and multi layered canvas Denise. I had to consult Mr. Google to find out more about this hunk. What an interesting life he has led. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Helen...I'm so 'out' of the 'hot bods' these days...still hankering back to Robert Redford and Paul Newman in their heyday - thus showing my age!!! HOWEVER, it is a great canvas....even the flowers are 'masculine' and the layering of elements with the paint works a treat!!! Oh, and I'm WiTH YOU. Winter SUX Big time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous canvas .... great use of texture. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic canvas Denise! Love all the texture and embellishments! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise!!! What did Johan have to say about this?!? Tut tut!!! Beautiful canvas though & I agree he is rather sizzling...

    ReplyDelete